6 Amazing Benefits of Skin Icing
1. Glowing Skin – When applied to skin, ice cubes help in the blood circulation which gives your skin a healthy natural glow. To give your skin more radiant glow you can use ice fruit cubes to apply to your face.
2. Reduces Blemishes – Ice cubes can help reduce the inflammation and redness of pimples and blemishes. You can directly apply the ice cubes on your acne for a few seconds until it becomes numb and this can be done every other day at night.
3. Dark Circle Treatment – A combination of cucumber juice and rose water when frozen can be used under your eye circles. This will help reduce the puffiness as a result of your late night activities.
4. Skin Toner – Ice cubes is an inexpensive skin smoother or toner. You can use this before applying makeup as the pores underneath the makeup are minimized which leaves your foundation smooth and flawless.
5. Makeup Substitute – Don’t have to put on makeup? Then applying ice cubes using a cloth wrap can help you get the radiant and fresh look without the traces of makeup. Go for that all natural look!
6. Prevents Wrinkles – Icing slows the appearance of wrinkles and ease the signs of aging.
1. Skin icing is done without using cloth wrap but always remember to wear gloves so you can hold the ice properly.
2. Using was cloth or cloth wrap to apply ice on your skin will have the same effect as when you apply ice directly on your face.
3. Extreme cold can BREAK CAPILLARIES under the skin so don’t apply the ice straight from the freezer
4. You also don’t want to use bare ice on the skin that already has broken capillaries or use the ice too long.
5. If the cold becomes too uncomfortable, STOP! Avoid icing one area for more than 10 minutes.
6. You can opt to fill the water for the ice cubes with rosewater, lemon, green tea, cucumber and other skin friendly ingredients depending on your skin care needs.